Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blog Entry #24

A. Pick two images from any of the “constructed reality” photographers presented in class or linked on the assignment sheet. Describe how you could recreate these two images on a “smaller scale”.

I really liked the images by Steph Goralnick.  I thought that his idea of having the subjects laying on the ground and then spinning the image was very creative!  At first, I did not realize what was going on because it looks as if the subjects were hanging on a pole from a building.  Their expressions are what makes the pictures believable.  I do not think that something like this would be too hard to create.  You would just have to find a pole, have the subject lay on the ground and then later flip the image.  I would love to try something like this!

The second image I liked was by Jan Kriwol.  I liked the image of the man ripping through the parking garage the best.  I know it was done using photoshop but the result is so interesting.  I like how near the tear you are able to see a bit of shine so it looks like a magazine advertisement, but yet the rest of the background looks very realistic.  The only way I can think of doing this is tearing an actual page of a magazine and then photoshopping a person into it.

B. Describe your plans for your self-proposed final project (if the plan is the same as before, paste it here again and give a bit more detail). During the final critique for Assignment #5, you will discuss/present these ideas to the class.

I was thinking of doing a shoot with black lights and neon colors.  But I have realized that I do not know much about color yet and my result might not turn out as I want it.  Instead I would like to do something black and white.  I liked the advertising assignment most, but I am not sure exactly what I want to do yet.  I usually end up taking pictures and then deciding later anyways.  I need to put more thought into exactly what I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment