Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Assignment 5 Critique Part 2

Images 1, 2, and 3:

Interpretation:  The class really seemed to like the images.  They understood that the subject was blending into the background.  They said that the images worked nice together, some liked one more than others, and some liked them all together.

Evaluation:  They thought I could have cropped out the hair in the second image because the ponytail is distracting and it did not really contribute towards the meaning I was going for.  The third image seemed to be the most popular because of the expression and the cropping, which was what I initially thought.  Some people also thought I didn't need the three images all together but I liked how they looked.

Extension:  I could so a lot more with this!  I really enjoyed taking these pictures.  I like the concept of blending ones face (what one is known for) into an environment.  Maybe I could make the environment more meaningful to the subject thought.


Images 4, 5, and 6:

Interpretation:  At first, a lot of people did not understand what was going on, which I understand.  It was very difficult to photoshop the images together exactly right.  The color in the rectangle and the color of the background seems to be off. I also had issues with how much of the background to include and how much to leave out in order for the viewer to understand what I was trying to achieve.  They thought the three worked well together.

Evaluation:  I could do even more, like 20 or so.  In that case I could make the images smaller.  But with just three, I think it would have been more beneficial and people might have understood better if I had made the images larger.

Extension:  I could just include a lot more of these picture.  I liked the idea a lot, although it is not something I would usually enjoy doing, it was fun to do.  I prefer posed pictures honestly, with interesting lighting and posed expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment